Wednesday, February 27, 2008

How I Love Thee...

Since being in a somewhat vegetative state lately due to various viruses floating around the Kingsley home, I have found myself more heavily relying on my dear husband, Jeff. I read a beautiful Valentine's Day post by my friend, Michelle, and it was a true inspiration.

Jeff and I met about six years ago by unconventional means. I met him at a time when I was trying to work on who I was - spiritually and emotionally. It seemed the minute I quit looking to find someone and tried harder to make myself more like the person I wanted to eventually be with, Jeff miraculously appeared in my life.

Let me tell you about my wonderful husband.

1. He is a doting father and inspirational example for our daughters.
2. He appreciates my Japanese culture and my Southern roots because he grew up in Alabama and lived in Japan. He even loves to eat sushi.
3. He takes care of me. I always tried to take care of everyone else and he's the only person I will let take care of me.
4. He has a beautiful smile and makes me laugh so hard I could pee my pants...did I say could?
5. He is devoted to the Lord, our church, and his family.
6. He is a hard worker at his profession as well as at home.
7. He is almost my complete opposite, which is exactly what I need.
8. He never minds changing diapers, feeding kids, or watching the girls so I can have a break.
9. He has is brilliant.
10. He is mine.

I love you, Jeff.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Aw! Sweet, sweet.

Deena said...

Nice post. I love having the perfect man for me too.

Mamapierce said...

Awww, that is so sweet! Jeff is a lucky guy to have you and it looks like it works both ways. :o)

Michelle said...

Loved it!It's so good to put down in writing what we sometimes forget to express