Saturday, March 8, 2008

Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet!


Here is a fun story. I can't even begin to tell you how busy I was this week. My company did some work with health screenings at some factories in the Columbus area. Like most factories, there are three shifts. To catch all three shifts, we had to work from 4:30am-4:30pm. I traveled all over the state and barely had time to catch my breath.

One day I had to travel to the Cincinnati area. Since the work would begin so early in the morning and I worked late the day before, I thought it would be best to spend the night. I forgot to pack my socks. I only have so many pair of socks in my house and half of them must have been eaten by my dryer. So, I had to wear my socks two LONG days in a row. Yes, I know, that is too much information... but it gets better.

So, I am a little self conscious of the fact that I'm wearing dirty socks. I sit down to take blood pressures and I get a whiff of something. I asked my friend if she had some body spray and she did. I went to the bathroom, sprayed the shoe/sock area of my body, then returned to work.

I sat back down only to smell the perfume along with a bad odor. We started to get busy. I was sitting next to a co-worker and decided that if I put my feet under the table and far away from him, no one would be the wiser.

After a few hours of dealing with my stinky feet, I realize that this is out of control. I mean, I have some old socks on but please! I thought, that is a horrible smell. I turned over my shoe only to find dog doodie on the bottom. Whew! Only dog crap, good. It wasn't me.

I proceeded to excuse myself and go to the ladies room where I thoroughly cleaned my shoe. I came back to my station and voila, the smell was gone.

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

ha ha ha! That's funny...I especially like what time you posted it - I guess I'm not the only person up that late! :o)

jennifer said...

Hee hee! That was great, especially considering your last post about being stinky at work!

Kim said...

Now THAT is funny!