Friday, May 8, 2009

You know you're doing a good job when...


I always used to keep my car immaculate. I remember going clothes shopping with my friends, Tessa and Jane when I was pregnant with Maya. They already had at least one kid each at the time and knew better than I did about motherhood. We took my car on the trip and they giggled about how clean my car was. They swore to me that it wouldn't last, that my car would soon be covered in cheerios and juice. I swore to them that this could NEVER happen to me! Well, it didn't really until child #2 was born. Here's a snippet of a conversation with Maya recently.

Maya: "Mommy, you car smells so FRESH..."
Me (full of pride): "Really, Maya? Thank you!!"
Maya: "...like french fries!"

So, that wasn't the kinda fresh I wanted. I cleaned my car out from top to bottom a couple of weeks later. It was, well... scary. Not only did I find those infamous french fries, but also some hard-boiled eggs and a slice of summer sausage. Ok, so my husband is a Boy Scout leader and the boys left that one behind. The scary thing is, he hadn't been camping in about 3 weeks...

2 comments:

The Mrs. said...

When we were packed in a little sedan, our car was embarrassing. I told Royal before we bought a mini-van, that it had to come with a mini-vacuum, so I could keep my dignity. I just plug it into my cig-lighter and then my van looks less lived-in. Good job cleaning out your car!

tessa said...

If I was bad then you can only imagine what I am now. I shovel it out once a week. Yep, it takes a shovel:)