Saturday, February 27, 2010

Melody the Homemaker

Well, I haven't worked a whole lot lately and so I have had LOTS of time to work on my home.  I want to get everything organized and clean so that it won't be hard to maintain when I'm busy.  My father in law is visiting while he paints and gets his house set up.  He moved here from Utah and bought the home we just moved from.  It's interesting to have another person in the house.  I feel I am more likely to keep the house clean and prepare home cooked meals.  I kinda like doing that. 

It is interesting to shift from working woman to stay at home mom.  I get to do wonderful things like have playdates and spend more time with my girls.  I feel so close to them right now.  I think the hardest thing for me in the past was to force myself to be structured and productive at home when I'm not working.  It may not make a lot of sense, but I am much more organized when I am busier.  Since we have moved, I have been able to keep a schedule and stick with it.

I have met one of our new neighbors.  She came over with pumpkin/chocolate chip bread in hand.  She has a son Maya's age.  She loves Craig's List and Ikea... what more could I ask for??  I told her I thought we would get along just fine!

So, now that I am comfortable and feel that my house is under control, I figure there will be some major upheaval just around the corner.  I'm not a pessimist, I just believe the Lord doesn't want us to be stagnant.  I also feel I can finally handle two children... uh oh, you know what THAT means!

4 comments:

Deena said...

Good luck with your staying organized. I'm working on it too.

Yay for good neighbors.

Lisa said...

Clearly it means you need a third child.

tessa said...

And you do make such cute little ones:) We're kinda in the same boat right now:)

jafabrit said...

did you mention Idea, I LOVE ikea :)

Lovely to meet you and Maya today, I am so glad you like Yellow Springs.