Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Beauty Barn


I try to stay on top of fashion, skin care and things of that nature. I want to look nice but I don't want to pay a high price. I figure if the word "Barn" is in the title, it must mean good deals are involved.

Here are a few tips to save a few bucks:
*Shop at thrift stores in more affluent areas of town. I have gotten many name-brand barely worn/new clothes at a nearby Goodwill.
*Look for your favorite skin care products online. I just received my Obagi products from Amazon for half the price.
*Instead of spending hundreds of dollars at the dentist, you can get teeth whitening products over the counter or even medical-grade ones on eBay.
*Read the ingredients of your skin care regimen and buy them at a drug store in it's "raw" form (i.e. Witch Hazel, Hydroquinone, etc.) Witch hazel (skin toner) is under $3 and Hydroquinone (freckle/sunspot lightener) is less than $7.
*Microdermabrasion interest you but you can't afford salon prices? Try Avon's ANEW Clincal advanced dermabrasion. Here's a link to my friend's Avon site. I love this stuff and it is under $23 right now!

Do you have any tips for the Beauty Barn? Have you found a great deal on fashion or beauty products?

4 comments:

Deena said...

I would have to contend that the Dress Barn should not be one of your favorite stores. My sister and I dubbed it a "teacher store" years ago.

Thanks for the great ideas!

Kim said...

I can't contribute a thing! Shows you how much I think about fashion and beauty!

nicole said...

Wow! Thanks for all the ideas. I am a big time deal-seeker too. I usually shop for clothes at not just the Goodwill, but the Goodwill Outlet! I love that place!! Once, I bought 9 dresses there... (really cute ones believe it or not!) for $1.49 each. There's a lot of junk there, but you can find some gems if you look hard enough!

ME! said...

I agree on everything...except the Avon Dermabrasion..if you have delicate skin BE AFRAID...VERY AFRAID!! I had to use neosporin on my face b/c I had horrid blisters from the stuff. I have since used Oil of Olay's and it doesn't burn me.......I do have to say that Sam's Online has auctions- I got a 550 fill down comforter with 500 thread count, with the baffleing (sp), for only 50 bucks plus shipping and handling. HECK YA!!!!!!! I LOVE IT.