Friday, August 10, 2007

Insomnia, pregnancy, and two year olds



You know, you can get a lot done at 2 a.m. No one is awake, no one is interrupting you, and you can even eat ice cream in peace. I have been trying to be productive at those odd hours when I'm awake. Something fun always wakes me up... like feeling like I need to pee (or potty as I call it these days), blow my nose (because I have the dreaded pregnancy sinusitis), or maybe reflux is setting in. I wake up nightly about the same time. Now that I have found this secret time when the house is quiet and I have time to myself, Maya has found a way to wake up at the same exact time because of one of her fears (see list). I think she just senses that I'm awake. So she comes in the living room and instead of going back to bed, she lays down on a bean bag so that she is near me. I have just started throwing a blanket on her and letting her sleep there rather than wrestle with her to go back to her room. I keep wondering what in the world will I do next week when I have a baby to take care of too? Maya is supposed to be sleeping all night. She's supposed to be potty trained. She's supposed to be... you know... all grown up by now, right? Jeff and I joke around with that phrase. He said something about her being "immature" and I said, "Yeah, she just needs to grow up." 2 1/2 yrs old.... she should be able to take care of herself, right?
The doc moved my c-section up to August 14th. When he said something about moving it up, Jeff looked at me like "I don't have an extra day to take off work!" and I looked at him like, "I want this huge thing out as soon as possible so you'd better not object to this or else..." After a couple of loving glances, I said to the doctor, "That would be great. We'll do it that day."
4 more days until things are back to "normal"....
-MK

1 comment:

Misty said...

Hi. I'm one of Kim's friends. I have two little girls myself--a two year old (Bethany), and a nine month old (Olivia). Anyway, I just thought I'd stop by and say hello! Kim had mentioned you on her blog.