Monday, August 13, 2007

Nesting and New Talents

With the first child, you go into this weird nesting mode before the baby is born. I made sure we had a 6 month supply of everything...from food to toilet paper. The baby (Maya) had diapers, wipes, baby powder, soap, and even teething medicine before she was born.

So, on the Saturday before our second baby is born, I decide I better find the stuff I will need for her when we get back from the hospital. Jeff bought some diapers, we had some wipes... what else do we need... hmmm... oh, burp cloths and some clothes. I washed those with the 'special' dye-free, fragrance-free, etc. laundry detergent and we were set. I guess that was my nesting phase for baby #2 (Reili).

I guess I'll pack my bag tonight... much different than last time when it was packed one month before I had Maya.

So, Maya is very interested in "Charlie and Lola". They are a very cute brother and sister pair that are from England. Charlie is a sweet older brother that is always patient and kind with his kid sister, Lola. There is a TV show based on these books that I love. Maya pronounces Charlie like Lola does, with the British accent, "Chah-lee".

We checked out some Charlie and Lola books from the library and I have included them in our storytime at bedtime. I decided to read it in the voices of Charlie and Lola, with accent included. I was so impressed with myself and my accent that I made sure to read it around Jeff so he'd be impressed with my mad skills. He once said, "You read that VERY well" and I felt so good inside. My new talent has been appreciated.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I love Charlie and Lola! :-) Too bad KB is getting too big to watch them anymore.

Kim said...

P.S. In the way of other fun read-out-loud books... Have you tried "Skippy John Jones"? I love to put on my best Spanish accent and read that one over and over!